People ask me all the time, "Are you hiring?" or "Can I come work for you?" which is an absolute compliment. Well, here's your chance. :)
Job Description for the Content Editor
The Content Editor at Reach is responsible for maintaining consistent strategy, proper spelling and grammar, and client goal alignment across all of the brands we represent. They are responsible for the overall messaging, packaging, and delivery of our client's content, which will ultimately go to their customers. This person should be a strong proofreader, have excellent writing skills, and be able to incorporate a client's sales process into their proofing and writing strategies.
This person will report to the Reach Leadership Team, similar to our account managers.
- Proof content written by a team of content strategists (account managers), web developers, and interns, including but not limited to content calendars, blogs, social media posts, design materials, and monthly reports.
- Work closely with our Leadership Team, account managers, and other departments to create effective communications strategies that articulate our clients' product/services and core benefits properly and consistently.
- Periodically assist in other writing duties, such as press releases, website content, and other assignments.
- Contribute to development of campaigns and ideas to help drive creative concepts for our clients.
- Be able to analyze data to make decisions to move the team and our content forward and achieve client goals.
- Keep the team up-to-date with the latest trends in content marketing.
- Provide strategy to a team of marketers to drive key business metrics including leads, MQLs, SQLs and Opportunities.
- Manage accounts from time to time.
- BA/BS in Communications, English, or a related field with 2 to 4 years work experience, preferably at an agency or a comparable workplace.
- Project management skills with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Extremely detail oriented and good at keeping track of multiple deadlines.
- Familiar with word processing software and spreadsheets.
- Have a highly analytical approach, covering a wide range of responsibilities, from customer development, to product adoption, to sales processes.
- Ability to deliver constructive feedback on projects to the content creators.
- Ability to lead and communicate cross-functionally with content and web departments and other departments.
- Driven by creative intuition, but able to gut-check and course-correct with data, as well as report results and optimize strategies using data.
- Must complete and pass Inbound Marketing Certification from HubSpot.
- Must be available for weekends and after hours from time to time.
- Must agree to 90-day probationary period.
- Proven and visible marketing veteran, with experience creating content for the web across several disciplines (text, design, video, etc.) and media (blogging, guides, white papers, research, infographics, podcasts, etc.).
- Familar with Google Docs and Sheets.
- Working knowledge of HTML, WordPress, Adobe Creative Suite, photography and/or videography, HubSpot’s Marketing Automation product, and Google Analytics.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits available.
- 5 hours per week paid professional development.
- Potential for travel to professional conferences.
- Work from home options on certain days of the week.
- Flexibility in schedule via prior agreement with Chief Strategist.
- Our kitchen is always stocked with good food and drinks! :)
Please send resumes and writing samples to Kelly Trace at firstname.lastname@example.org. References preferred.